Our favorite guest writer, avid blogger, DJ and host of Pirate Radio gives us an inside scoop for the HDIL Couture Week!
I know you’ve probably seen TONS of pictures and footage since Bollywood descended on couture week at the Grand Hyatt, Mumbai but just incase you missed it here’s a recap bulletin (and loads of eye candy of the Bollywood variety!)
* Bollywood director-turned designer Karan Johar & Varun Bahl launched their men’s clothing line which they showcased at the grand finale (while all the press had a field day with clever headlines like “Karan Johar has designs on men!”)
* The theme was “Rock Star” and the philosophy of the clothes; formal and sophisticated with a modern yet understated tone of Glamor. (Understated? The clothes maybe, but who the hell was looking at the clothes!)
* Shah Rukh & Gauri Khan dazzled at Kjo’s show; Shah Rukh Khan wore a semi formal black shirt, jacket and formal trousers, Gauri was glammed up in gold. Other Bollywood heartthrobs Imran Khan and Ranbir Kapoor also walked for Karan, first in studded jackets and then single side button suits. (Yummmmy!)
* There was just as much Bollywood off the ramp as on it. Kareena Kapoor looked hot in a red sequined dress along with her beau Saif Ali Khan.
* Priyanka Chopra also wore a golden sequined dress.
* Carol Gracias looked stunning, stood tall and confident. (I’m guessing a lot of double-sided tape was involved.)
* Dino Morea rocked his boxers with washboard abs (OMG Ladies!)
* Spotted at the HDIL Couture grand finale night were Karan Johar’s avid supporters Kajol, Manish Malhotra, Preity Zinta and Hrithik & Suzanne Roshan.Shruti Hasan and Zayed Khan sashayed down the runaway for designer Manav Gangwani. Shruti is wearing an ensemble worth one crore rupees; mostly thanks to her diamond encrusted choli.
* Salman Khan quoted saying, “Katrina never had problems walking down the ramp, her only problem was her acting.”
(Wait, What? Ok ok so I think he really put his foot in it at his recent “Being Human” show, at HDIL Couture Week, all Sallu’s friends walked the ramp for him including; Aamir Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Govinda, Ajay Devgan, Saif Ali Khan, Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif. So when Salman was quizzed about the best one on the ramp, he instantly said Sanjay Dutt and then mentioned everyone except Katrina! Of course the paparazzi immediately went nuts pointing out that he missed Katrina’s name to which came that killer reply. Lol! Guess who’s sleeping on the couch this weekend?)