Madame Tussauds, as we all know, is a place that is filled with wax statues of popular figures, past and present, throughout the world. There is one in London and one in New York. The London one is special as it includes three of Bollywood’s best, Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, and most recently Shah Rukh Khan. The New York one has just added Aishwarya Rai, as she is making a dent in the international world. But after the huge success of SRK’s statue in London, Madame Tussauds has decided to add yet another Bollywood star into its repertoire. The best thing about it is you, the fans, get to vote for the winner and next wax statue! There are ten candidates to vote from and we here, at Bollyspice, will break each candidate down and basically give our views as to why each candidate should be voted and should not be voted, so everyone gets fair play. Without further ado, here is our campaign for each star…
Why Lata should be voted as the next wax statue:
- She is considered to be the biggest and greatest female playback singer Bollywood has ever seen.
- At 77, she is still going strong and delivering hit songs.
- When you think of female playback singing, her name is the first that comes to mind.
- Her career has spanned over 60 years, more than any other candidate on the list.
- She has sung more hit songs than anyone else in the history of Bollywood. She is the mother of Bollywood music.
Why Lata should not be voted as the next wax statue:
- Her fame has dwindled from her glory days of decades past.
- She is not as well known as all the other candidates, especially internationally.
-In Bollywood, singers are definitely not looked upon as bigger than actors, so some may find it odd for her wax statue to represent Bollywood over a more famous actor.