Ranbir Kapoor fans got an all access pass into the world of their hero when Pepsi recently arranged a live chat with the Youngistaan youth icon to promote their latest concept: “Pepsi: The Game”.
In a feed viewed by over 21,000 eager fans, Ranbir opened up on topics ranging from Pepsi: The Game co-stars Sanjay Dutt and Jacqueline Fernandez, his first crush, the crazy Kapoor nicknames, and much much more.
So what juicy tidbits did Ranbir reveal? Read on…
1. His first crush was on ‘ek do’ girl, Madhuri Dixit. “Honestly, I have crushes, every day. I am quite a beholder; as they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. But my first crush was Madhuri Dixit – she still is”.
2. He’s a mummy’s boy. “I love both of [my parents] but I am closer to my mom. She is someone I can talk to; discuss girlfriends’ issues, movies… stuff like that.”
3. Only he escaped the Kapoor nickname tradition. “I don’t have a pet name. I’ll let you in on trivia about my family. They have a history of bad pet names. My father is Chintoo, my father’s elder brother is Daboo, his younger brother is Chimpoo, my cousins, Karishma is called Lolo while Kareena is Bebo. So, they decided to not give me a pet name so that my name doesn’t get ruined. Please call me Ranbir.”
4. He once had a poster of Sanjay Dutt on his cupboard.”I’ve grown up watching his movies. He’s the only actor whose poster was mounted on my cupboard. I’ve been a big fan of his work; he’s amazing to work with. Even at this age, the kind of enthusiasm he has, wearing that 5 kg outfit, staying in character so dedicated and true to what the brief (in the advertisement) demanded. I hope when I reach his age I am half as honest and as true to my work as he is”.
5. At heart, he’s a simple boy. “I have a simple life. I love the movies, acting and even watching them. I also dig video games. I’ve just begun playing the guitar and am truly enjoying it. I love soccer; it’s one of my favourite sports. I like hanging out with friends, especially watching movies. Honestly, I am happiest on a film set”.
6. Youngistaan is… “It is your mindset, your frame of mind that you are in. You have to work hard and you need to be really smart, intelligent and spontaneous and not live a mundane life. Youngistaani isn’t about a certain age, it doesn’t come in any bracket, anybody could be a youngistaani; my father is a part of Youngistaan.”
Ranbir took the time to answer several questions from his fans on plenty more topics. Among them: ladies – the way to this man’s heart is through his stomach; he thinks Jacqueline Fernandez is “extremely hardworking and beautiful” and his idol is his grandfather, Raj Kapoor: “I look up to his work, him as a person, him as a filmmaker and as an actor”.