With Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan’s wedding around the corner, curiosity is dwelling. With April 20th set as D-day for the couple, we decided to disclose some fascinating facts for the fans of the two icons.
1. Ash’s Mehndi (henna) will be specially transported from Jaipur, which is supposedly where it all originated. Close to 15 kg will be bought, for the bride and her guests. The Henna will be bought from the same place Liz Hurley bought hers.
2. The 16 page wedding card is accompanied by two boxes of imported sweets.
3. About 300 guards have been appointed as security for the wedding, upgrading the security detail to ‘Z grade.’
4. Close star friends of Abhishek (Sikander Kher, Goldie Behl, Chirag Doshi, Rohan Sippy and Apoorva Lakhia) will be dancing at their Sangeet ceremony. Karan Johar himself has claimed to have choreographed a dance sequence.
5. It is rumoured that Abhi-Ash will be performing a special tango, which they have been practicing secretly in their spare time. Along with this they will perform to Kajra Re at their Sangeet.
6. Hrithik Roshan is apparently all set to set the stage on fire at the Sangeet.
7. Ash’s favorite designer Neeta Lulla (famous Bollywood designer) has been given the honors to design her wedding outfit. Bachchan’s favourite designer duo, Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla will dress Ash for the Sangeet. Sharbani Dutta has been commissioned by Aishwarya’s mum, Vrinda Rai, to design a trousseau for Abhishek as well as to provide outfits for other male family members.
8. Shah Rukh Khan has not been invited due to negative vibes between him and Amar Singh (a very close friend of Big B).
9. Due to the ill health of Abhishek’s grandmother, it is rumoured that a honeymoon won’t be immediate.
10. A huge reception will take place in June where the whose who of Bollywood will be invited.