Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2014 scheduled to be held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Mumbai from 12th to 16th March 2014 will open with a show by Manish Malhotra which will be held on 11th March at 9.30 p.m..
· This season – for an unparalleled fashion week experience – We are featuring 102 Designers from 18 Cities of India and the world. In terms of showcasing designers on the ramp (92 Designers will be showcased on ramp), Lakmé Fashion Week is by far the largest fashion week in India.
· Two of our esteemed designers, Manish Malhotra & Rajesh Pratap Singh, will open and close the fashion week in their own signature styles. Ace designers for the upcoming season include Tarun Tahiliani, Anita Dongre, Anju Modi, Shantanu & Nikhil, Neeta Lulla, Narendra Kumar and Krishna Mehta.
· LFW will also showcase internationally renowned accessory designer Mawi in a special collaboration with creative genius Gaurav Gupta. The show will be presented by DHL.
· One of the most exciting launches this season will be ‘Jabong Stage’ – a new show space featuring a 52 feet ramp inside the Grand Hyatt hotel with an international look and feel. Jabong Stage aims to be a preferred area of fashion presentation and showcase in the future for cutting edge fashion.
· LFW Gen Next program has now mentored more than 115 designers and has made significant contribution towards shaping the future of Indian fashion industry. Gen Next is now privileged to have one of India’s most successful designers, Anita Dongre, as its new mentor this season onwards.
· 23 new Designers will make their ramp debut at Lakmé Fashion Week this season chosen by the prestigious LFW advisory board consisting of top fashion editors, designers, retailers and VIPs of the Indian fashion business.
· An Indian Textile Day initiative to celebrate Indian handloom weaves and crafts is evolving this season. LFW Advisory Board member Ms. Sangita Sinh Kathiwada will be presenting a special show under her NGO, Morarka Arts & Crafts Foundation with talented textile designers on the 14th of March.
· A new experiential zone by the name of Pavilion is also being introduced at the Source Area to curate an alternate space for upcoming artists in the field of culture, music, art, beauty and fashion.
· StreetStyle is a key trend emerging from the fashion weeks across the world and Lakmé Fashion Week will drive the streetstyle through our leadership in the digital space with exclusive collaborations.
· YouTube is our live broadcast partner to provide front row experience to the entire world in our endeavor towards ‘Democratizing Indian fashion’ in pret and couture.
· Three new sponsors coming on board this season are Jabong, Nokia and Baggit. DHL, INIFD, Reliance Trends and Reliance Jewels continue to endorse LFW.
Check out some exclusive pictures from LFW’s fitting days!