In an interview she recently granted to a magazine, the actress was reported to say that her character will have “nothing to do” in a movie co-starring one of the Khans. Reactions were immediate and the media was quickly filled with articles quoting her words and even questioning whether it was the right move for her career considering that has only done four films so far. Some even sarcastically suggested her to look for her cousin Priyanka Chopra’s advice!
It seems that this statement is not entirely accurate, and the actress decided to address the controversy during the launch of Yash Raj’s fashion store Diva’ni last Thursday. “I would just like to clarify a bit on that (what I said in that interview). That comment was blown out of proportion. It was an answer to a question that I was asked”, the actress of Hasee Toh Phasee told the reporters attending the event.
Parineeti explained what really happened. “I was asked if I was offered a film with senior actors. To that I answered, ‘Yes, I have been offered those films but I didn’t have much to do, so I did choose not to do’. I did not specifically take anybody’s name,” she clarified.
The actress also pointed out that she would never make such a statement. “I am too new an actor to do something like that. I think it is a very insensitive thing to say if any actor says that.” She further reproached the publication for quoting her in the wrong way.
Since her debut in 2011 in Ladies vs Ricky Bahl, the 25-year-old actress has only worked with young actors such as Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and more recently Sidharth Malhotra. The audience will see her next in Daawat-e-Ishq with Aditya Roy Kapoor and Kill Dil with Ranveer Singh and Ali Zafar. Whether the actress will ever share the screen with one of the Khans only time will say, but it is clear now that she does not have a ‘No Khan’ policy.