Jab Tak Hai Jaan opened worldwide on Diwali, 13th Nov 2012, to a tremendous response at the box office and has set several collection landmarks ever since.
All India Nett Box office collection:
Tuesday – ₹15.23 Cr
Wednesday – ₹19.54 Cr
Thursday – ₹14.45 Cr
Friday – ₹11.17 Cr
Saturday – ₹10.38 Cr
Sunday – ₹9.96 Cr
TOTAL INDIA = ₹80.73 Cr
It is the highest first day collection ever for any film released on Laxmi Pooja day, even though it did not have a solo release.
It is also Shahrukh Khan’s highest opening day figure, ahead of both RA.One and DON2, which had solo releases.
Jab Tak Hai Jaan takes the International Box Office by storm.
JTHJ recorded some mind boggling figures for the opening day (Tuesday) screenings on a limited overseas release, as the film opened in stages over 14th, 15th, and 16th November.
The film has had a tremendous response and the audience reactions have been extremely positive. What has been most touching is that everyone is sitting through the end credits as the film pays a tribute to Yash Chopra, which makes it even more special.
Overseas gross box office collection
TUE – $1.30 Million
WED – $1.20 Million
THUR – $1.08 Million
FRI – $1.35 Million
SAT – $1.52 Million
SUN – $1.13 Million
TOTAL = $ 7.58 Million
TOTAL OVERSEAS = ₹41.7 crores
This is the highest grossing weekend for any Bollywood film overseas!
Some interesting milestones:
· US – Opened at No. 5 on the US Box Office charts and the highest midweek and weekend grossing Bollywood Film ever
· UK – Opened at No. 4 on the UK Box Office charts and the highest midweek and weekend grossing Bollywood Film ever
· Middle East – No. 1 at the Box Office and the highest midweek and weekend grossing Bollywood Film ever. The fastest ever in the Middle East for an Indian Film to reach the 2 Million Figure – in 5 days.
· Australia – Opened at No. 2 on the Australia Box Office charts (limited release) and the highest opening Bollywood Film ever.
· New Zealand – First Bollywood Film to open at No. 1, overtaking all Hollywood Films on Wednesday.
· Germany – Opened at No. 7 on the German BO.
· Pakistan – All time record of highest Opening Day collections for Film ever.
· Singapore – All time record of highest Opening Bollywood Film ever.
JTHJ continues its run on the World Top 10 Charts over the weekend! A rare achievement for any Bollywood film.
US # 8
UK # 5
NZ # 4
AUS # 6
YRF films have always lit up homes worldwide during the Diwali festivities and this time too, the audiences have shown their continued love for A Yash Chopra Romance.
A fitting tribute to a legend!