As you read this piece, Bajrangi Bhaijaan would have crossed the 300 crore at the Box Office. With this massive feat, Salman Khan has now entered the triple century club. The feat has been achieved inside three weeks, which is tremendous. The film was pushed ahead a great deal in the third weekend when 20 crore more came in. Rest was taken care of by the weekdays which remained stable throughout.
In the process, following records have been created by Bajrangi Bhaijaan:
– It is the only film other than PK to manage this feat
– Salman Khan now has one 300 crore film (Bajrangi Bhaijaan), one 200 crore film (Kick), one ~200 film (Ek Tha Tiger) and five 100 crore films (Dabangg, Dabangg 2, Bodyguard, Ready, Jai Ho) – all in a row.
– Kareena Kapoor Khan now has one 300 crore film (Bajrangi Bhaijaan), one 200 crore film (3 Idiots) and four 100 crore films (RA.One, Golmaal 3, Bodyguard, Singham Returns).
– Eros has delivered two massive All Time Blockbusters this year, the other being Tanu Weds Manu Returns. It has also seen other successes like Badlapur and NH10.
– Kabir Khan has given two massive Blockbusters in a row, last being Salman Khan’s Ek Tha Tiger. All eyes are now on his Phantom which releases this month.
– Though PK had released in December 2014, technically the Aamir Khan starrer had hit the 300 crore mark this year. In that perspective, 2015 has now seen two 300 crore films already.
– At the start of the year, many felt that the only other film which had a chance to break PK record was Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. Now 2015 may see a triple century in Prem Ratan Dhan Payo as well as Dilwale
– Bajrangi Bhaijaan would continue to run strong for one more week at the least, till the release of Brothers on 14th August.
Joginder Tuteja tweets @tutejajoginder