Star News in association with Prakash Jha Productions’ Turning 30!!! just hosted the “STARS at 30!!! Awards” on December 23rd at Mehboob Studio in Bandra, Mumbai. This is a set of awards to celebrate young women achievers. Any young woman who has done something interesting, out of the ordinary or achieved excellence in any sphere of work, art, culture, politics, social service… before or at the age of 30 was eligible for the award. 11 women received the awards.
Director and producer of Turning 30!!!, Prakash Jha said, “I’m very happy to be collaborating with Star News for the Stars at 30!!! Awards. It’s time we focus on the bright young women of today and encourage them to maximize their potential.. My film, “Turning 30!!!” resonates with the same bright and brave spirit of the young Indian woman of today. It’s about women and written and directed by a young woman. We hope to celebrate the spirit of many young women through this awards programme.”
“Stars at 30 Awards” is an attempt to salute and encourage the enterprising and dynamic spirit of today’s woman. The awards will be telecast on January 1, 2011 on STAR NEWS.
The film Turning 30!!! featuring Gul Panag and Purab Kohli, produced by Prakash Jha, and directed by Alankrita Shrivastava also celebrates the spirit of today’s young woman. The film is due for release on January 14, 2011.
Gul Panag said, “It was so inspiring… meeting these amazing women. I’ve just realised I have a long way to go. The future of women in India is truly bright.”
Purab Kohli agrees, “It’s so rare that anybody recognises the young female talent of our country… Meeting these wonderful 11 women achievers was a truly humbling experience.”
Some of the women who achieved these awards:
1. Himangi Oberoi from Uttarakhand – pilot – Received her flying licenses at the early age of 19
2. Komal Gandhi – Who is a pioneer in the field of human resources and training using methods of outdoor adventures and travel
3. Aparna Badlani – A Trailblazer in the World of Fashion Retail
4. Shirin Merchant – Pioneered New Methods of Specialized Dog Training
5. Ashrafi – Deejay
6. Shhetal Gandhi – Entrepreneur
7. Ananya Chaudhary – Yoga Teacher and Baker
8. Marieola Fernandes – Special Education Pioneer
9. Rakshaa Jha – Tattoo artist
10. Madhuri Sen – PR specialist
11. Archana Subramanyam – Education
Gul, Ashrafi Oshidar & Purab
Gul, Sheetal Gandhi & Purab
Gul, Aparna Badlani & Purab
Prakash Jha award to Komal Gandhi
Prakash Jha award to Marieola Fernandes
Prakash Jha Award to Shirin Merchant