All three of us, Aisha Tabani Chowdhry, Aamna Lakhany and Radhika Hasan, grew up in tropical climates and live for the summer months. Feeling that glorious sunshine when you wake up in the morning lifts our moods and jump starts our day. Here are our tops tips for looking and feeling fabulous all summer long:
– Beauty is skin deep: The sun is great is for the skin, providing that much needed vitamin D we are so deprived of. Look after it by investing in a great cleanser and sun block and drinking lots of water. Let your skin bask in the warmth!
– Our favourite look for summer is great tinted moisturizer for glow with a touch of blush and a dab of gloss. Cool, polished and ready to go!
– Kajal: We are die heard kajal fanatics, nothing like it to make you look and feel special. Kajal never goes out of style and gives Asian skin an exotic lift.
– Hair and nails: Funky plaits are all the rage this summer and work well for Asian hair. High pony tails are also a low maintenance and cool look. Bright and florescent nails are great for summer but if the constant manicures are not for you short, filed nails with a regularly applied top coat work just as well.
– White on white: Pure, beautiful and classically chic; this is a look that never goes out of style. Try a flowy tunic with cropped trousers or flared trousers with a crop top. No matter how you style it, this is a look guaranteed to look good. Just be sure to match your shade of white!
– Printed trousers: A bright and colourful way to embrace summer, these look best with plain tops though contrasting prints can look great too! We love these beautifully tailored chain embroidery trousers by Sania Maskatiya.
– Pastels: Soft candy floss hues such as peach, lime green and pale yellow look pretty and fresh in the summer. Try the pretty florals on offer by Farida Hasan and the gorgeous summer capes by Maheen Karim.
– Maxi dresses: Nothing says summer like a maxi dress does. Now widely available in all manner of fabrics, cuts and prints there is one for everyone. Make a statement by trying one of the beautiful print ones on offer by Sania Maskatiya.
– Prints prints and prints: We love the prints on offer by our designers. Prints by Sania Maskatiya and Nida Azwer feature bright colours with birdcages, sea horses, fairy tales and so much more. Buy one statement piece and style it by adding dark or light pants, Palazzos, printed pants or full skirts for a variety of looks all summer long.
– Summer jackets: Light chiffon or silk jackets with delicate embroidery and hand crafted embellishment are our top favourite style for the summer. Choose pretty summer colours and pair them with a plain slip and cigarette or crop pants for effortless chic that easily translates from day to night. Or wear them with jeans or over a dress. The structured nature of the outfit makes it easy to hide bumps adding comfort and confidence to the mix. Designers such as Nida Azwer and Sania Maskatiya are hugely popular for this look and offer a number of different cuts, lengths and colour options.