The storm that is Dabangg is headed for a sequel. While rumors of a sequel were afloat even before the film released. However, it was after the film became the blockbuster that it is and at Salman Khan’s Eid party that it was finalized. Arbaaz Khan, actor and producer to the film added, “A sequel is on the cards. And why just a sequel? The film and the main characters have the potential to be carried forward through various channels.”
Sonu Sood, whose character was killed off in the current version, will also be a part of the sequel. “Salman was the most enthusiastic at his Eid party. When he suggested we do the sequel, we started discussing it very seriously,” Sood claimed. While the finer details are yet to be worked out, this is what we know thus far.
- The film will supposedly start filming at the end of 2010
- There will be another item number by Malaika Arora Khan which will be as good or even better than Munni Badnaam
- Abhinav Singh Kashyap will stay as the director
- Salman and Sonakshi Sinha will be the main leads in the film
- The film will move from Uttar Pradesh to a metropolis such as Mumbai
- Sonu Sood will play a double role in the film