Bollywood is usually a source of envy. Our favourite characters’ experiences are extraordinary and have inspired many people to do things and take new challenging adventures. So in order to honour that, here is Bollyspice’s compilation of things to do before we die inspired by our favourite Bollywood films.
1. Dance in the rain: when any regular mortal would look for refuge to protect him from a downpour, Bollywood characters consider it the best scenario for a song sequence.
Dil To Pagal Hai – ‘Koi Ladki Hai’ http://youtu.be/-gaXmQtKF30
Mohra – ‘Tip Tip Barsa Paani’ http://youtu.be/qK8JIVbPA18
2. Wear a saree in the snow: as if rain were not enough, many Bollywood ladies have also challenged the worst landscapes dressed in thin and delicate sarees, because love is the best shelter.
Pukar – ‘Kismat Se Tum’ http://youtu.be/TZJOzUm_BIo
3. Travel around India with your friends: there’s nothing better than taking on a trip with your best buddies. The destination is not important, Goa’s beaches or the snow-capped hills of Manali; it is all about making unforgettable memories!
Dil Chahta Hai – Title Song http://youtu.be/RJ3Q7pcLRXs
Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani – ‘Subhanallah’ http://youtu.be/QYO6AlxiRE4
4. Go on a world tour to see all the places where Bollywood films have been filmed: Switzerland, Spain or Greece, the number of countries featured in Bollywood is long. By watching a film you run the risk of falling in love with a destination and wanting to emulate your favourite characters.
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara – ‘Ik Junoon (Paint It Red)’ http://youtu.be/5PbWtDGOL8A
Chalte Chalte – ‘Suno Na Suno Na’ http://youtu.be/9hrV2IFsx5s
5. Buy a cowbell in Switzerland: Switzerland is one of the most popular countries in Bollywood, as many filmmakers have chosen its leafy landscapes to develop their stories. And as Simran from Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge knows best, there is no better item to purchase than a cowbell. It is not only a funny souvenir but also the symbol of her love for Raj.
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge – ‘Tujhe Dekha To’ http://youtu.be/n1yvTKSAcvQ
6. Go to summer camp: No summer camp is more fun than Camp Sunshine from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Run by anglophile Johnny Lever, some of the entertainments at the camp included basketball challenges and adult love stories!!
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai – Ladki Badi Anjani Hai’ http://youtu.be/a5igfqkq4Zc
7. Travel on top of a train: May be not the safest mean of transport, but it undoubtedly is the most iconic in Bollywood. So hold on tight to the rail and enjoy the views, but do not try to emulate Shah Rukh Khan!
Dil Se – ‘Chaiyya Chaiyya’ http://youtu.be/YOYN9qNXmAw
8. Live a romantic proposal: Because we are romantic at heart, we all deserve to be shown how much we are loved, and the bigger the better! Although the examples below did not end well at first, we hope this does not make lovers stay away from romantic gestures.
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi http://youtu.be/f-RTWq4e9io
Bachna Ae Haseeno http://youtu.be/DJ4nPYpKNPs
So this is BollySpice’s bucket list, but there are many more things that could be added. What is your Bollywood bucket list?