Holi – the festival of colours and love is just around the corner. Follow these simple steps from celebrity hair stylist Asgar Saboo to ensure you have a great celebration without worrying about any hair damage.
Here’s what you can do:
– Ensure you protect your hair before going out – a natural oil based head massage will do the trick. Get the oil of your choice (coconut, castor, macadamia) and massage it all the way throughout the hair. This will help to prevent colour dye from coming into direct contact with hair and will lessen the damage.
– After the oil mask, wash the hair with shampoo to remove any excess oil and blow-dry.
– Wear a head-scarf or a hat to protect your hair from getting tangled and from coming into contact with artificial colours.
– Whilst playing at Holi, make sure to tie your hair. Easy and simple hairstyles like the French braid, side ponytail or a bun are practical yet fashionable too.
– If you have coloured or highlighted hair, you need to use a special, colour protecting shampoo for your hair.
– After the celebrations, wash your hair with warm water until the colour dye comes off. Then use a Paraben free shampoo and conditioner to rinse any leftover colour. Do not worry if some of the colours remain on your scalp, as it might take up to two days to fade away.
– Make sure you don’t wash your hair twice on the same day, as it can cause it to become dry and brittle.