Aashiqui 2, the movie that introduced Shraddha Kapoor in an all new avatar, turned three yesterday! This movie marked Shraddha’s evolution from the girl-next-door to the new era dream girl. Let’s reminisce those 5 moments of the Bollywood diva from Aashiqui 2 that still linger in our hearts.
1. Love at first sight: It was for the first time in that bar in Goa that we spotted Aarohi, the romantic icon for many. The grace with which Shraddha Kapoor portrayed Aarohi made us fall in love with her instantly.
2. The iconic Jacket Moment: The Jacket moment which has now become a Shraddha Signature was a first seen in Aashiqui 2. The typical monsoon romance under the umbrella was replaced with the magical romance under the jacket which has also been seen in movies like Ek Villain and Baaghi.
3. Words that evoke true romance: Leave it to Shraddha Kapoor to bring out the intensity in words like “Tumahre ishq se main bani hoon, pehle zinda thi, ab jee rahi hoon” and deliver it with such innocence.This moment not only brought a tear to our eyes but also a smile to our faces. This heartwarming moment made the viewers want to live the love portrayed onscreen.
4. The uber-romantic ‘Tum Hi Ho’: The drenched blue sari, the simplicity and the beauty amplified the whole effect of our favourite track of the movie. No one can sing Tum hi ho and not think of how beautiful Shraddha Kapoor looked in the video of that song.
5. Love over fame: In one of the best scenes of the movie, Shraddha taught us in that no amount of fame is complete without the love of your life standing next to you. Her Expressions need no words to convey even the deepest of emotions.
No one could have pulled off the character better than our favourite Shraddha Kapoor and we can’t wait to see more of the versatile diva!