Stars say the funniest things, and through the years they have come through with some classic lines and some that were just plain dumb! Let’s take a look at some that made us smirk..
“If someone talks bad about me it only goes to show that the person feels insecure.”
– Then you must be the definition of insecurity..
Kareena on Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon
“I don’t think any actress in the last 10-15 years has essayed such a deep role.”
– By deep role if you mean shrieking like a strangled cat throughout, then sure it was real deep!
Tanisha Mukherjee on Neal N Nikki
“And by the way, it’s not a bra, it is a bikini top. I think I have the kind of body on which that bikini top looks good.”
– If you say so Tanisha!
“What have I done as to provoke you to ask such a question? I look glamorous and not vulgar in Neal ‘N’ Nikki. I have done what a bindaas girl in Canada would do.”
Uday Chopra defending Tanisha
“Since Canada is in the background of the movie, she has dressed herself according to the country and its culture.”
– So according to Canadian culture the girls prance around the streets half naked?
“The court can hang me. I am tired of such lengthy proceedings.”
– I would have thought it would be second nature by now, Salman.
“When I go abroad, women throw themselves at me. But I’m not into one-night-stands or flings.”
– What women would these be?!!
“I truly believe that no actor can touch me.”
– How about a pump for that inflated ego of yours King Kong? Woops! I mean King Khan.
“The media also wrote a lot of incorrect facts about me. This did not help me either. The media kept hammering me, but I maintained my silence.”
– Ah I see, was this before or after you ran over four pavement dwellers?
“While the Kareenas, Mallikas, Bipashas and Laras are on one side. Aishwarya, Rani, Preity and myself are on another.”
– Yes Amisha, you keep believing that..
“I needed roles where I could express a gamut of emotions. I was fed up of playing a bimbo. Watch out for me in 2006. I feel it’s going to be a good year for me.”
– I’m sorry we must have missed it, where were you?
“The best way to sober me down is by kissing me all over.”
– Somehow I doubt there are any takers for such a noble cause..
“The Friday I give a hit, every top heroine will once again die to work with me.”
– And the last time you gave a solo hit was..?
“I didn’t bad mouth anybody. It’s just that when I saw the film, I felt that the film was totally made for Hrithik.”
– I suppose you didn’t know that the director was Hrithik’s dad?
“It took a lot of courage for me to do this role. It was very challenging. I had to wear sindoor.”
– Wow, what a challenge that must have been. We salute you!
A. R. Rahman
“If I were 25, I’d have had an affair with Celina Jaitely.”
– I doubt the feeling is mutual…
Kareena Kapoor (on Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon)
“The parrot will be a riot among audiences.”
– Actually I think it was your acting that caused the real riot…
“It’s strange that Rakesh Roshan thinks I look older than Hrithik.
In fact, he’s approached me for all his home productions.”
– I’m sure Rakesh is kicking himself for it now..
“Nothing seems different after marriage. When I wake up in the morning I see that I am still the same good-looking guy.”
– Now normally a taunt would be necessary for such an arrogant remark, but fortunately he’s right!
“When girls tell me they find me sexy or attractive, I feel they’re pulling my leg.”
– Yeah, we think they are too!
Himesh Reshammiya on Sanjaya Malakar
“Only real talent can survive the odds. I haven’t heard him, but would check him out and only his talent will stand him a chance for a performance with me.”
– Ah yes, because you being such a brilliant singer yourself can surely spot it in other people..